Jurors are randomly selected from a master list identifying all citizens eligible for jury service within Baker County. The list is compiled from driver's license and voter registration information.
Any citizen of Georgia is qualified to serve on a Jury if he or she:
* Is a citizen of the United States of America;
* Is 18 years of age or older;
* Is a current resident of Baker County;
* Is not a convicted felon, who has not had voting right restored.
Exemption and Eligibility:
The laws of Georgia allow exemptions from jury service for the following reasons.
* Persons 70 years of age or older that do not wish to serve.
* Not a resident of Baker County to serve on a jury. Affidavit & Confirming Information Required
* Persons that are permanently disabled, either mentally or physically. Medical Affidavit (physician's letter required)
* The person is a full-time student at a college, university, vocational school, or other postsecondary school.
* Any service member on ordered military duty and the spouse of any such service member shall be excused or deferred from jury duty.
If you qualify for one of the exemption list above, please click this link and fill out the required Juror Affidavit Form. Please sign in the presence of a notary, and return it to the Clerk's office.